Wednesday, March 2, 2011

my diving experiences

When I first got Scuba Certified I was only ten years old. My mom and brother took the class with me too because my dad was already certified. The class took about 2 weeks of class room time and practicing in the pool. Then we practiced in a lake. After that we had to take a test on everything we have learned. If we passed the test our class got to take a open water dive. We took our open water dive in West Palm Beach. It was my very first actual dive and that was such a good experience. We dove down to about 60 ft and we saw so many beautiful fish and marine life it was absolutely amazing. We went on two dives that day and they were both such a great experience. After the dives were over we saw a pod of Dolphins and they followed us and were jumping and playing in our boats wake. It was pretty cool. The next dive was in the Florida Keys, places that I had only snorkeled in the past. It was a different experience being able to go deeper and explore the oceans environment. I dove Checa Rocks which is a shallow dive but yet beautiful. I also dove Alligator Reef and Hens and Chickens which are deeper dives. I like to check out the Marine life and hunt for lobster and spear fish along the way. I’m still young and there will be many more experiences to come as I continue to Scuba dive. My certification that I have now is called Open water scuba diver. Next I would like to upgrade that to an advanced diver certification. Hopefully one day I will be a master scuba diver and I could have my own dive shop and teach people how to scuba dive.

http://watersideplaza.com/roller/blog/resource/scuba-lessons-couple.jpeg

1 comment:

  1. I think it's amazing you got certified at such a young age. I'd imagine it would be sort of difficult. I really hope you get to open your own dive shop (:

    ReplyDelete