Tuesday, February 1, 2011

the great experience of diving

Scuba diving is one of the most interesting hobbies of mine. I definitely think everyone should try it at least once before they die. It’s well worth it. Being underwater and seeing all the fish and creatures and how they live is just absolutely amazing. I would go everyday if I could. I almost dove to the bottom of a cave before. I’ve also dove below over 100ft and with sharks following me. Scuba diving is such a great experience. Almost like being on a different planet. My dream is to dive the Great Barrier Reef in Australia.

I believe that once you learn all about scuba diving it will soon become a life long obsession. Scuba diving gives you the chance to unveil the mysteries and the wonders of the environment which covers the majority of our planet. When scuba diving you will discover adventure, excitement and fun.

Scuba diving, however, also has its share of disadvantages, which could even sometimes be fatal. Scuba diving, though considered a leisure sport, may turn out to be  dangerous for the inexperienced. There are so many things that you have to follow, particularly if you are a beginner. One of these is preventing your urge to quickly ascend to the surface because you would just be opening your body to the risk of incurring a decompression sickness which could do some serious injuries.

3 comments:

  1. Well Melissa Kitty Keefe, this is actually something that I've wanted to do as well. My brother scuba dives and he loves it. I really like how you refered to it as being in another planet. Thats awesome because if you think about it you really are. One day i will learn how to scuba dive and go on a search for the lost city of Atlantis. ha and maybe I'll see Sebastion, under the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the words you used to describe it. It seems like a whole new world and very fun. I would love to take scuba lessons and learn. After i read your blog it made scuba diving seem so much more intresting and a very beautiful place under the water. I think it would be alot of fun to swim right next to all the sea creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you had very discriptive words about this sport it accually makes me want to go diveing and see all marine life thats down there!!but we should deff try to find the lost city of atlantis!!

    ReplyDelete